Monday, December 03, 2007

Who's that kid with the Oreo cookie....?

My friend Tara is still in town and I'm going to waste the rest of the day away with her, but I do want to poke my head into the blogosphere this morning and say hi. Here are two photos from our weekend's activities. We went a little crazy with the Oreos. The whole family got into the chocolate dipping spirit. See if you can tell which tray is from the adults and which one comes from the kids.





And yes, that is real snow behind the tray. We thought we'd welcome Tara from Arizona with a little old-fashioned Utah winter storm. There's nothing like flying from 70 degree weather into an arctic freeze to make a gal feel at home.

I just have to add two more things and then I'm really out of here.

1) The title of my blog post comes from an old Oreo jingle - an annoying little tune of which I have the entire lyrics memorized. I can't remember my kids' names, but I have a whole slew of dedicated brain cells hanging on to the Oreo song. How pathetic is that?

2) When we were working on the Oreo dipping, Nora pulled up a chair, took an Oreo cookie from the bag and proceeded to break it in half and lick off the white filling first. She has never seen anyone else do this. As far as I know, she has never attended an Oreo Consumption Class. Clearly the proper way to eat an Oreo is simply an inborn trait.

9 comments:

Klutzmom said...

What did you put on those cookies?
The pictures came up with an X in a litle box. When I clicked on it, I got this message:

We're sorry...
... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

By the way, The class was great and it was so fun to see Tara again.

Ice Cream said...

I would love to decorate these, but I have no patience for the preliminary dipping.

Love the kids vs. adults pics.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Oh, YUM!

Luisa Perkins said...

They look scrumptious!

Cakes said...

wow. impressive! My kids all knew innately how to eat an Oreo, too.

Lara said...

Beautiful! After all that work does anyone actually get to eat them? I think I would make a shadow box with mine and hang them on the wall.

Geo said...

The only shadow box those would see at our house would be the dark recesses of our stomachs. YUMMO.

Jenna said...

I can attest to the fact that it's not only inborn in humans, but in all life. A few summers ago when I took a trip into the Amazon rainforest in Peru, we carried with us into the jungle two full-grown macaws. I gave one of them an Oreo, and the bird proceeded to pull apart the cookies with her feet and then scrape the creme out with her beak first! I swear it's true! I have pictures to prove it!

Data Cabling Houston said...

Thank you for sharring this