Monday, February 18, 2008

You know you’re an art nerd when. . .


Your onions have started to sprout and every time you look at them, you think you should throw them out, but instead, you keep them because they remind you of Cezanne.

You drive past this Tuscan villa-type apartment complex under construction and stop to take a photo of the second story Door to Nowhere because (a) What the…? and (b) it looks like something out of a Surrealist painting.

You’re glad it’s still February because you’ve been meaning to show this sweet little miniature of the month of February from the Breviarium Grimani (with accompanying detail) but you didn’t have a good excuse and then you finally just say aw, what the heck.

13 comments:

Lara said...

Whuuut the February?

Rachel said...

I like that you are an art nerd, it's why I read your blog.

I am merely a wannabe art nerd.

TARA said...

I don't know if I'd have used the word "nerd," but if that's your self-proclaimed title we're glad you're an art nerd! What a fun post.

Anonymous said...

I know nothing of art. (Well, veeerrrry little anyway) but I love all of it I have seen on your blog :)

And that last one is crackin me up! I guess it was a good thing for boys to wear dresses back then, huh? Easier to "potty" train?!?! haha

mindyluwho said...

I didn't notice the little detail at first, then did a double take and laughed my head off! With three boys, I've seen my share of that!

I'm glad your an art nerd, when I grow up I want to be just like you!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

At least he wasn't trying to "write" his name in the snow. That's something my boys would attempt. :)

I had a really weird dream once that I was trapped in this house and there was a door on the second level with a winding staircase that led up to it. I ran up there to escape the house but it was a dummy door and I stood there looking at it like a, well, like a dummy.

Cakes said...

Looks like February in my house!

You are OUR art nerd.

Luisa Perkins said...

SO funny. And that door to nowhere? Fascinating.

Ice Cream said...

Your nerd tendencies are MUCH less nerdy than mine =)

Jan said...

I so so so relate to this one. It is killing me with laughter. I do the same things and I ask myself if I am the only nerd. Thanks soul nerd.

Jenna said...

You are a delight. You're the best art teacher I've ever known.

Shalee said...

Ha ha ha ha!!! Don't eat the yellow snow!

I like your art nerdness. It's holds a fresh view on life. Wear that nerdness with pride, girl. Wear it with pride!

And your onions are still good. Just cut the sprouts and cook away. (I may not know as much about art, but one thing I do know is onions! (and garlic, but that would be two things, and I don't like to brag...)

Annette Lyon said...

Sounds all too familiar to me--only with writing rather than art. Nerds unite!