Friday, April 25, 2008

Gabie's Jrnil

Today's post comes straight from "Gabie's Jrnil" where he writes gems every day far more poetic than anything I've managed to come up with in years of writerly effort. This one falls into the category of really useful instructions that should come in handy at recess or on that great big playground we call life.

(I've tried my best to recreate his original spelling and punctuation. You'll just have to imagine all the S's facing backwards).

Aprol 24t 2008

I aM God at swinGinG AnD THis is THe seCRet
STeP 1 tHinK oF A HAPPY thot
STeP 2 BLef in Your selF
STep 3 PAMP AT A Srtin Sped

7 comments:

RubiaLala said...

That is SO precious. I love how simple their minds are. Adults overthink too much.

mindyluwho said...

Not only poetic, but profound too!

Anonymous said...

This is all very good, but what about those of us who, since our own children were born, can't pamp at that srtin sped without getting a teensy bit sick? ;)

I love this post.

Lara said...

Wow, it sounds like the secret to a happy life in three easy steps.

Anonymous said...

Very cute. my daughter made her 's" letters backwards for a looooong time. My other kid, The Boy, used to verbally mix up his "b's"and "v's", turning 'maybe' into 'mayve'.

Now that they are five and seven they don't do those things any more, and I miss 'em...

Ice Cream said...

So sweet. I hope he writes many more life instructions in his jrnil for us. =)

Kristi said...

I'm new to your blog -- just read your thoughtful absinthe essay in Brain, Child. You don't write like you're sleep-deprived! And no appendix necessary -- your love for your children shows. Thanks.