Monday, March 26, 2007

Who'd a thunk?



I’ve been double nominated by The Smiling Infidel and Em for a Thinking Blogger Award. Does this mean the next time you want to visit my blog you’ll THINK TWICE? Ba dum pum. Thank you, I’ll be here all week.

After a bit of investigation, I discovered that The Thinking Blogger is not an alien tribute to Rodin's Thinker but is in fact a meme making its way around the blogosphere at an exponential speed. And so I shall ride the wave and nominate a few blogs that make me think. And heaven knows we all need more thinkage in our diets.

I still remember the first time I visited Radioactive Jam last October. I read this post and my first response was HUH? Once I figured out what he was saying (and followed up on all his footnotes), I was hooked. RaJ has a way of twisting my mind up in satisfying little knots. He is also the only blog I routinely read to my husband. I’m not sure what that means; just thought it was significant.

A recent but welcome find, Bub and Pie is a fellow college teacher but what I really love about her writing is its philosophical slant. She’s a mother who asks deep questions while blowing bubbles onto her kitchen floor.

Allysha at Bells on their toes has mastered the art of the “short but thought-provoking” post (something I clearly have yet to learn). Where my posts are Queen-sized afghans hers are delicate lace doilies. And I mean that in a good way.

Ann Kroeker is one of those kindred spirits who loves learning as much as I do. She writes about all sorts of things; I never know what I’m going to feast upon when I stop by her place. This analogy tying writing to life and near-death-waterskiing is a good example.

Moobs is another gifted writer passing as a mild-mannered British lawyer and sometime blogger. This post in particular knocked me out.

8 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I would've given you one too, but Elastic beat me out. Better than up, I guess. =P

My wee babes are a sleepin' and I'm goin' blog hopping!

Catherine said...

Hi Julie Q - This is my first visit to your blog and I'm happy to meet you! Congrats on your reward. I'm looking forward to reading more. :)

Bea said...

Hey thanks! I admit I was starting to feel about stalker-ish about you, so this is just what I needed.

Allysha said...

thanks for the endorsement! I have tried to harness the power of the short post out of sheer
necessity..! llllllllllllllll.bn b (and that is what my son had to say as we wrestled the keyboard from each other).

Bill C said...

I'm... speechless i.e. honored beyond words.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Hey, I even left a comment on Radioactive's post that you cited! You are the thinking person's blog, julie. I am the farting person's blog. At least we both have carved out a niche that distinguishes ourselves from the blogger pack.

Anonymous said...

I've been nominated and tagged for my first anything on the Blogosphere--and by Julie Q?! Can't believe it. So exciting. What an honor for this particular meme to come from the first person I would think to nominate for the same thing. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, past the water-ski scar, all the way to the bottom of my blog, I thank you.

Anonymous said...

What is it with you Mormon women? You are just so much smarter and funnier than the rest of us. Who knew?