13 little things around my house that I am grateful for
1. The coolest tool Pampered Chef ever made.
2. Legos. Okay, so I have a love/hate relationship with these vacuum hors d'oeuvres. My sons, however, adore the stuff. Their gratitude takes the form of a perpetual shrine to Ole Kirk Christiansen on the floor of their room.
3. The small miracle that is running water. [New benefit to blogging: forces me to scrub kitchen faucet for photo op].
4. My watch. Because it's nice to know exactly how exactly how late I am.
5. The fifth food group.
6. Souvenirs/memories from Spain. (Yes I did notice the strategically-placed polka dots. Who could miss them?)
7. My lone defense against the demon drums of Isengard pounding in my head.
8. McKay's freckles. Aren't they adorable?
9. Baker's yeast -- a true testament to human ingenuity. Ancient Egyptian dude: "Hey some freaky living creatures from the air have landed in my flatbread dough and are making it bubble and froth. Gee, I think I'll bake it and eat it."
10. Modern tooth care. People used to scrub their teeth with sand! (Oh, wait, let me take a look at the toothpaste ingredients. Hydrated Silica? Hmmmm.)
11. This ring. (And the tall handsome guy who gave it to me).
12. Four children, some of whom aren't so little any more.
13. My digital camera. I wanted to take a picture of it, but was faced with a one-hand-clapping Zen quandary. How does one photograph the photograph-izer?
I could have used a mirror, I suppose. Duh. Why didn't I think of that sooner?
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants here